Jesse’s Purple Power Smoothie …..
Hey you guys … its Jesse from Feed the Beast! After my workouts or when I come in
from playing football or baseball with my friends, I love to make a delicious, cold smoothie!
Why? Well, for one smoothies are mmmm mmmm good!! They are so easy and fun to make, AND they are healthy too! That makes my mom very happy and my tummy and body happy too!
Did you know . . . Smoothies are an easy way to get a lot of nutritious food in your body at one time…and will give me back the energy I need to get through my busy day at school or practice.
There are sooo many different combinations of smoothies…but here is one of my all time favorites.
- I call it the Purple POWER Smoothie.
- Purple because…well..it turns purple when you make it, and POWER because it goes down smooth and gives me good energy. By the way…it tastes AMAZING!
** Please ask your parents for help and permission before using any items in the kitchen.
Purple Power Smoothie Ingredients:
- ¼ cup ice (crushed or cubed)
- 1 16oz yogurt (vanilla or blueberry)
- ¼ cup of frozen mango
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 or ½ banana
- Small hand full of baby spinach ( you won’t even taste it)
- ¾ cup milk (almond or coconut is fine too)
- ½ c water (or add more milk)
- A dash or more of cinnamon!!
Put all ingredients in a blender (Ninja or Vitamix or Bullet) is ok also. Blend for about 1 minute. Watch as the smoothie goes from white to PURPLE!! There you go!! Power in a glass! This Smoothie is full of antioxidants, vitamins A, C, B6, calcium and protein…that’s a lot of good stuff!
Meet my mom, Cassie, single mom of us 3 boys, Radiologic Technologist/Mammographer, Personal Trainer, lover of food, fun and Everything relating to health and fitness. Click here to get to know her . . . . . “Information With Inspiration” “FitLifeByCass” gives other single moms tips for workouts, food preparation and great recipes.
Give this Purple Power Smoothie a try…go ahead…Feed the BEAST inside of YOU – Comment below and let me know how your Purple Power Smoothie turned out!!